flyingstitcher

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Roasting Apples


Here is a WIP of my Roasting Apples around the Hearth. It is a Beatrix Potter design charted by Green Apple. I started this just before Christmas last year, didn't do much on it, then got bored of it. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago now as I am stitching it on a hoop, so it's easy to do in the garden. Also took it to Stanford Hall on Sunday where it got wet!
Really hot again today! Signed up a couple of new clients, so not a too bad day.
Still battling with my "to do" list. I have so much stuff to do, and I feel guilty about not doing it, and stitching instead. Thought that if I tried to break it down into manageable goals I would feel better about it, which has worked in part, but still makes for a busy week, and not enough stitching time.
Went to LNS yesterday for some more needles. The ones I bought a couple of weeks ago are sharp in the eye, and snag the threads. I bought a packet of "Piecemakers". They were £2.50 for six needles. That's about $4.50. Very expensive. We were talking about jobs you could do where you could stitch at work, yet get paid. Decided a night shift at a call centre would do the trick. Not sure how well it pay's though.
Have a serious stash buying yearn at minute. Really fancy Mirabilia's new one White Christmas, and also two HAED by Linda Ravenscroft have caught my eye, Marked One and Dark Eyes.
Off to wrestle with conscious and "to do" list

2 Comments:

  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Stitch or no stitch said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger Stitch or no stitch said…

    Let's try that one more time.

    Glad you're back Liz as I always enjoy your blogs. Your picture of the Trevi Fountain brought back lovely memories from last year. I wonder if we hit the same (delicious)ice cream parlor.

    Ah, wouldn't it be nice to be filthy rich and buy whatever our hearts desire. The motorcycle of your choice certainly costs a pretty penny. Hope you get it.

    "Roasting Apples" is looking good. How many projects are you working on at the moment?

    Margaret

     

Post a Comment

<< Home