flyingstitcher

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sooooo Hot!


It was 35 degrees centigrade whilst I was driving down the M6 today! So hot. Must admit though that the car is the coolest place at the moment as I've got air conditioning.
Bit of a better day today. I should have had a second appointment this afternoon, but when I phoned to confirm, they cancelled me. I tried not to sound too pleased, and said I would speak to them in a week! LOL. Not great diary planning as I had scheduled to go back to Stoke next week as I couldn't stay today because of 2nd appointment, so as it was cancelled, I could've done the 2nd Stoke, whereas now I'm still going to have to back next week. Tomorrow's has also cancelled me, couldn't move Friday's to tomorrow, so am at home most of tomorrow, before a late appointment, and will have to use one of my "at home" day's next week to go to tomorrow's! Whoa!!!!!
Anyway, just a quick blog before I have to go back out to meet a friend.
I have recently discovered Heaven and Earth Designs, and their Bulletin Board. It was a blog that I read that led me to this wonderful world. (Mel in Dubai) if anyone else read's it.
The folks at the BB are just great, really friendly, and there's a lot of action on it. I have also started my first HAED which is a SPML design called Chessmates. It is a big design, I am doing it over 1 using 1 thread on 22 count hardanger, and there are about 50 pages to the pattern including thread chart. I think I shall be doing it for some time!

The HAED link is www.heavenandearthdesigns.com/chessmates.jpeg

Hi Trysori, yes the sampler is lovely, and wasn't difficult really. I'm sure that you will really enjoy stitching yours. I'm going to go around with a big star pinned to me now that you feel star struck! LOL

2 Comments:

  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Stitch or no stitch said…

    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely fantastic. What a pattern!!! I can't get over it and have checked back to look at it several times. My son, who is an fantasy nut, would love it.

    Do you realize that you really don't have time to deal with problematic colleagues when you have a project like this.(LOL) Oh if life were only that simple.

    Margaret

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Joyus said…

    Wow, that is some design.

    I keep looking at the HAED designs but have so far resisted given the amount of other stuff I have to stitch but I'm sure it won't be long before I succumb... LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home